Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

well I've done it the wrong way round

Steve I

Enthusiast
Hi to you all. I was so impatient to fix me car I forgot to introduce myself. My names Steve I’m a bit of a three wheel nut, well I’ve been making a good living with one for the last 20 years. I first got interested in Renault 4 based three wheelers back in the 80s after seeing a article on the DRK in Kitcar magazine. Four weeks ago on the spur of the moment I bid on a DRK replica on eBay, so I’m now the proud owner of a replica of a replica of a Morgan F type. As you will see from my posts I have problems with the handling,
My other three wheeler I built 22 years ago and every year since, on average 20 times a year, it’s fell to bits, caught fire, blown up, spouted water and tried to fly, but never quite made it. Try “clowns car Charlie” in u tube you should see what I mean. Getting the Renault to handle shouldn’t be to much trouble, should it?
Any one got a 4 in Leicester I could have a look at may make my plight a little easier.
So that’s me Hi from Steve I
:D

HI Steve I and welcome on this fantastic R4-Forum!
-seen the pixes of your 3wheeler-Looks intriguing....
met up with another Uk 3wheel-fan in Caen last year.
that one was 2cv-based so (ofcourse!)not in same league
as a R4-based one c",) but very interessting vehicle all
the same.
-I have no experience with 3wheelers other than sidecars
but would definately have a close look at all wheelbearings
plus especially the 'swing-arm' bearing at rear-Also progressive shocks
of High quality (I really Love KONI!) could make a Whole lot of difference.
What's in the back? swing-arm with damper(s) and coilovers?
-transformed my unrideable bikes/s.cars from crap to very road-
worthy and nice handling.. -R.

PS I think you fit in nicely here -There's a Right way of doing stuff -then ther's the R4 way.........................

Back