Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What is this 'fluff'?????

natz

Hi, I hope someone can help me.
I went out to my car the other day, and my little so-and-so of a dog was underneath the rear of the car, pulling at something.:mad:
When I looked I saw it had ripped open a clear plastic bag open just behind the tyres and was pulling out some white fluff sort of stuff...sorry bout the descrpition, but thats what it looks like.:)
Does anyone know what it is and it's purpose, as I have never seen/known about this on a car. And i'm driving to Blackpool in a couple of weeks and am a bit worried in case it's important.

Oh, I have been getting electric shocks off the car door aswell recently..lol. Do you think this is connected??:confused:

Thanks Nat

It sounds like sound insulating material to me - quite possibly fibreglass, though it may be something more friendly these days. Even so, I wouldn't let your dog chew on it too much!

The electric shock issue is static electricity. The weather conditions are a factor, along with what you're wearing, your shoe's soles, the carpet and seat materials etc. As you drive along and move, you can generate a static charge which when you touch any metal part of the car returns to "earth" as a small spark. Try pushing the door via the handle or near the edge of the glass (not too hard though!!) or get someone else to do it :)

If it's dry, I get a belt off my Kangoo evry time I get out. Resorted to letting the kids out first to ease the problem!!!!

Back