Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

window channels ! any one know where I can find some ?

Cyprus Andy

Enthusiast
Hi I am looking for front window channels as when I try to open the windows they just fall out they are so rotten !:(

I tried to find some metal channels a while ago. They are all rotten - none have survived. The plastic window frames from the later Renault 4s fit and are a much better replacement.

I tried to find some metal channels a while ago. They are all rotten - none have survived. The plastic window frames from the later Renault 4s fit and are a much better replacement.
OK Malcolm but where will I be able to find them please ? We never got Renault 4's on the Island after the 70's and the main dealer here carry's no parts for them ! I searched on line and found nothing even ebay had no window channel, but Woollies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-341-single-track.aspx have something but I am not sure if it will fit o_O

before and after !! Thanks to Angel .........they fit great and the windows don't fall out anymore haha.
Another job off the list.......:)

• window channel2.JPG
    window channel2.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 2
  • window new channel1.JPG
    window new channel1.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ian
They look amaze Andy!! Where did you get them from?
A forum member, Angel , from Greece got them for me and posted them over really reasonable price he has offered a lot of help and advice, really good guy..You should be able to find him on here somewhere and ask him for some.

Back