Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

windscreen wanted

They should be available from Renault. If yours is just cracked try getting one made at a local glass company in laminated glass.

Or alternatively ring your local windscreen company. you'd be surprised how often they can find things like this.

I had one made a couple of weeks ago - Just take along your old windscreen as a template and ask them nicely. Mine was £30 and I got it the next day :D

(Note: Reading area tried several companies and best reply was we can make one it will take 6 weeks and cost £90 (including fitting))

Thanks for posting this. I've lost count of the number of time I have suggested getting one made and you have used that option. Well done and much cheaper than even paying a £50 or £60 policyholder contribution to a windscreen company. Fitting is a doddle as well!!

Also just for reference I was quoted £30 for fitting. (Did the fitting myself tho!)

One thing I did find was my windscreen seal was quite damaged on the inside and the string kept catching damaged parts and wanting to make it worse (by pulling into the nicks). What i found was if you pull directly into the car away from the windscreen the seal will happily follow, then move the string sideways (past any damage) then repeat.

Was easy once I discovered how to get past the damage!

Back