Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Windscreen washer hand pump

Chris Litchfield

Enthusiast
Hi all

I am looking for a replacement dash mounted hand pump for Mildred's windscreen washers. I know you can get aftermarket copies, but I would like to keep her original if possible.

Does anyone have a spare that they are willing to part with?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, is the pump the same as the ones on a 2cv (small black plunger button, and aluminium barrel behind dash with two round lugs for the hoses)? I have noticed some parts seem common between both cars, so both manufacturers may have been using a common supply chain.

If so I think I have a spare. I'm in Herts too.

Hi Snailshed

I think they are exactly the same. If you have a spare, I would love to buy it.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I know that you said that you didn't want to get an aftermarket copy, but I have just fitted one to my 4 and it's fine - you wouldnt really notice the difference....!

I got mine from a 2cv supplier - ECAS do them

Grumm

Hi Chris, so I found one in my stash. It's free if you want to collect (I'm in Kimpton, Herts. I think I met your partner who wanted to take a photo of my Beige 2cv in my drive a few weeks ago) or if you pm me your address I'll pop it in the post to you.

Hi Chris, so I found one in my stash. It's free if you want to collect (I'm in Kimpton, Herts. I think I met your partner who wanted to take a photo of my Beige 2cv in my drive a few weeks ago) or if you pm me your address I'll pop it in the post to you.

Brilliant and thank you!

Yes that was Joe who was admiring your 2CV! Are you selling the orange one on eBay? So tempting... Joe can call in one evening after work. He normally passes your way around 6:15. Please let me know a time and day that works for you.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I know that you said that you didn't want to get an aftermarket copy, but I have just fitted one to my 4 and it's fine - you wouldnt really notice the difference....!

I got mine from a 2cv supplier - ECAS do them

Grumm

Thanks for the help. I will try the original first, but if I need a new one I know where to look!

Hi Chris, I usually get home about 6pm most days so almost any day will be ok. Perhaps get Joe to text me during the day on 07765 713967 whatever day suits, and I'll make sure I am back. The washer pump is sat on the side ready.

In terms of the 2cv, yes the orange one is mine. I'm trying to rationalise my collection as most properties I can afford come with one allocated parking space... Watch this space for more 2cv sales over the coming months.

Hi Chris, I usually get home about 6pm most days so almost any day will be ok. Perhaps get Joe to text me during the day on 07765 713967 whatever day suits, and I'll make sure I am back. The washer pump is sat on the side ready.

In terms of the 2cv, yes the orange one is mine. I'm trying to rationalise my collection as most properties I can afford come with one allocated parking space... Watch this space for more 2cv sales over the coming months.

Will do! Thanks again :)

......... Watch this space for more 2cv sales over the coming months.

Don't forget that you can advertise classic (especially French) cars for sale on my website, free, with photos.
There's a raid-prepared (Toureg Trail) 2CV on there at the moment.

Back