Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wiring in accessories

plallenuk

I need a barn.
Hello, sorry, me again...

I'd like to take a power supply from the 'unused' slot in the fuse board on my 1986 F6 so that I can add some music to the driving experience. My owners booklet says something like; 'to add a radio simply unclip the red connector and connect the spade terminals...' but is not very specific at all.

I've not investigated further yet, but presume I would find this behind the fuse board and then just connect onto the terminal of the unused fuse?
If I can't be sure I'll run a live feed direct from the battery, but I reckon somebody here know's exactly what I need to do!

Phil

If you do this, don't leave the live wire cut off and hanging out of the ignition key hole, like Felicia's previous owners did. Once it contacted the key as I was putting it in and almost welded it into the lock.

(Now the wire is safely insulated and put back where it belongs.)

Thanks for the replies, on closer inspection I see that the spare fuse (location 2 in the fuse board) has a bridge built into it so I can poop in a fuse and take a live feed straight from there!

In case anyone's interested I've bought one of these to bypass the need for a radio;:cool:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...+2020at&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I can just plug in my i-thing when it arrives (and some speakers) and I'm away!

Back