Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

WTD rear shelf, holder thingy...

Rich

Enthusiast
Managed to break mine in to 4 pieces, anyone got one for sale or know where I can get one? Maybe a part number?

Thanks, Rich

100_5110.jpg

Sorry don't know though, I've found almost anything like that can be rebuilt with araldite if you have the main bits :)

I see the internal wall of your r4 is covered in moquette or similar: is it for noise reduction?
I fear covering the bare metal, I am terrorized by rust, so I prefer keeping all surfaces well controllable...

Andrea scripsit.

I see the internal wall of your r4 is covered in moquette or similar: is it for noise reduction?
I fear covering the bare metal, I am terrorized by rust, so I prefer keeping all surfaces well controllable...

Andrea scripsit.

Hi Andrea

It is hardboard cut to fit, is this original?

There is rot in the rear window frame on the inside, if it passes the mot in Nov I will cut it all out and replace, I will do the wings then too, well thats the plan at the moment :lol:

Many thanks to Brian aka Cornish4 for supplying the parcel shelf bracket :cool:

It is hardboard cut to fit, is this original?

I really do not know, mine has bare metal, white painted as the whole car, but it it a basic model of 1991, I do not know if de luxe gtl or tl model (or any earlier model) has that ornament...
My r4 does not seem to have so much rust, i have her painted outside a few months ago and patched the rotten part outside, the inside seems to be quite well mantained, I planned to treat with a bit of rust converter and paint the floor this summer, to stop the little rust (not holes, at least), as a diy work (from the outside no-one will see if the work will not be so good, but the metal would be protected...

Andrea scripsit.

Back