Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

www.franzose.de planning on building new chassis

That's less than what Windclassics offered the last of the Renault chassis for and they were all snapped up. Complicated things the R4 chassis.

That's brilliant news. What do they say about them on Facebook for old fodders like me who don't have an account?

For the old fodders as Malcolm said

We are planning new construction or the reproduction of the Renault R4/4L chassis (floor pan). However, before an investment of € 750,000 active, we would like to know from you whether you are ready, possibly a new chassis for up to 1,750, - to invest €. If you are interested please write a short mail to r4chassis@franzose.de Of course without any obligation

Email sent, come on everyone else, we really do need franzose to start producing these for the future of our cars!

I also mentioned the forum in my mail so they know where the link came from ;)

An up date from the UK new Chassis dept! our prototype is finished and undergoing painting (as galvanizing would stop me making any small changes as we go along) we will keep this car for long term test, it may be a coincidence but de franzose have been in contact asking for prices of chassis if they buy 10 at a time so could be the same one
many thanks again to Andrew @ 4mad for the loan of his Chassis.
not sure how you post photos on this site but if you email I can send you some pics
Stuart

thats look mate...think im in for comission if they buy 10 or more dont you think......haha

Ok Stuart was having trouble putting pictures in this thread so I asked him to mail them to me and here they are.

They are a little small only 29kb or so, I don't know if Stuart has any larger pictures though?

• IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 252
Hi

Had a long talk with the the engineer from Franzose at Thenay. They are investigating and soundings they've taken suggest a good market in Scandinavia and the UK. France, the mass market, is less certain.
The key is demand. They need to recoup the cost of tooling up although much of the premliminary design work has been completed. Good 2CVs can be worth 10K euros - so a chassis at 1,750 euros is viable in the French (mass) market.

Good R4s still struggle to reach 4K euro - The chassis represents almost half the total value. And the recession continues to bite. So a different situation from the 2cv.

On our side is that without a chassis from somewhere demand for their other R4 parts will collapse.

Market... strange things...
So r4 prices are going up again?
Better buy another one before I cannot more afford...

No money! Sigh!
Was in project for next year... But in a whole year everything could change...

As I mentioned to Azazello (I think) at Thenay, if a replacement chassis programme becomes available for our fours, then the price of the car will escalate as it will make them more worthwhile to be repaired. It's difficult for Der Franzose to tool up, but I reckon that it will make it a far far easier task to keep our fours on the road regularly in the future!

Now all I need is a new chassis, an Alpine 1.4 non turbo and a Sinpar 4x4 kit a pre 72 dilapidated Renault 4 and I could make myself my perfect car ;)

Now all I need is a new chassis, an Alpine 1.4 non turbo and a Sinpar 4x4 kit a pre 72 dilapidated Renault 4 and I could make myself my perfect car ;)

Sounds ideal - a 1970's SUV!
From what I have read of the Sinpar kits and the photos as proof, they are serious off-roaders if you need them to be.
I want one too! - although probably a fourgonette.

David

Back