Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1 Owner From New '4' For Sale

charliedaker

Enthusiast
I wonder if anybody could help...

I am the owner of a residential home for the elderly loved in resident has asked me to help her sell her Renault 4 L.

I do not have many details just yet however i know that the mileage is low and the colour is Blue.

I am hoping to see the car tomorrow where i can get some more details about it and a couple of pictures.

Is this the best place to advertise?

Thanks ppl

Charlie:)

Hi Charlie,

That sounds like a very interesting car. If it's an "L" chances are it's an old one - maybe '60s or early '70s. Do post photos when you get them.

For where to sell - probably eBay would be the best place as they have the widest audience, although if you do decide to sell on eBay please let us know here on the forum so we can join in the bidding.

Thanks for your replies and messages everybody:)

I have been to see the car today and also had a look at the paperwork, of which there is plenty:

Its a 1985 C reg in blue.

It has 58000 miles on the clock which is verified with service and MOT records.

There is no rust on the vehicle although there are a couple of parking dings which should pop out, apart from that the exterior is in nice condition.

It has had seat covers and mats inside so consequently the interior is very clean and tidy.

The current MOT will run out on the 19th May 2006 however we hope to put a fresh MOT on the vehicle.

The tax runs out on the 31st May 2006.

It has been serviced its entire life by the same garage and i believe this to be good example of the marque.

There is no rust on the vehicle although there are a couple of parking dings which should pop out, apart from that the exterior is in nice condition.

I cannot at this time report back on the state of the chassis or running gear until next week when i can look at it on a ramp.

I will keep you all updated!:)

Hi Charlie,
Your R4 sounds good..
Any photos yet? And can you tell me were you are?
I have been looking for a while now. But with no luck at the right price, or location.I am based in Sussex. Look forward to hearing from you.
Franny

Id Like To Buy Your R4 Gtl Please

Hi there im a very keen r4 fan and ive had 9 in 3 years in which some are on this site and 2 other renault 4 related sites, any way if you could just let me no the price of your gtl please and if i like what i read go no further you'll have a deal. i can get the train down to drive it back as well, as you see im very interested thank you very much, best regards. Michael

Thanks...

It is an 'L' however and as soon as she's been looked at andf MoT'd i'll post her details on the site.:)

Hi everyone!

The 4 is booked in for an MoT on Friday. She starts and drives really well by the way.

As soon as she's done i'll post some more info on the site.

Her owner Mrs Walton has been thrilled by everybodys enthusiasm and is delighted at the possibility of somebody from the site taking her in- she has owned 4's since they were first produced and never owned anything else!

Hello all

Good morning all

I can't believe my luck. I have started searching this morning for a Renault 4 for my husband's 40th birthday (preferably a blue one) as he had one when he was 17 and would love another one. I live in Shifnal so you are very close and I am therefore interested in buying Mrs Walton's car.

Kind regards
Caroline

Hi everybody!!!!

She's just been down for an MoT and passed first time!! She drives really well and is just having her hair and nails done at the local Valet company.
She is 1985, blue, 1 owner, done 58k fron new and comes with 12months test!!!!!!

I will take some pictures if required however i know there are a few people very keen to see her so please by all means come and see her in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.

Offers over £1000 please:)

Your contact details?

I am interested in your car but have had no reply to the message I sent you. Would it be possible for you to post your Phone number so I can arrange a viewing? Thanks
Richard Williams 07801623559

It's gone South

Apologies to all interested parties but I have bought this car today and it's going south to live on the Sussex coast as a treasured family summer car.
I was lucky enough to meet the owner from new , a lady in her eighties I would guess who has had R4s since they were first available, this was to be her last as ill health seems to have stopped her driving , but the car will go on.
The owner has asked me to post some photos as she has not seen it since Charlie tarted her up a bit for sale.
She is to deGTed if you all know what that means...... another thread I think

• 2793.jpg
    2793.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 2791.jpg
    2791.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 2789.jpg
    2789.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 112
Well done Richard - that looks like a really nice car. Must have been very well looked after to be in that condition after all these years. Charlie has done a good job polishing too - looks immaculate.

Back