Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1968 Plein Air

68pleinair

Enthusiast
Heres some pics of the plein air I have.

It has 12882 original miles on it.

The old owner modified it a bit with that roll bar.

It runs well but it need a new battery. Im running it off a portable battery pack that i have sitting beside me in the front seat (hence the hood not being shut)

picture_007_203.jpg

picture_018_179.jpg

picture_002_861.jpg

picture_267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum 68freshair.

Your Plein Air looks like the best I've seen. How on earth did it make it as far as Canada? It must be a really rare car over there - there are only 3 or 4 in the UK and we're much closer to France.

It's good to see the original trim and transfers on the car. You are getting it ready to use in the summer?

:clementi:

Very nice and it seems to be a canadian market destined R4 (240 series) as it has the larger headlights.So the Plein Air was officially imported in Canada?

Very nice and it seems to be a canadian market destined R4 (240 series) as it has the larger headlights.So the Plein Air was officially imported in Canada?

here are some more pics of the PleinAir. I thought it had a 3-speed transmission.....turns out its a 4.

picture_005_659.jpg

picture_002_538.jpg

picture_001_241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot my password to my old account (68freshair) so i made this one.

Just wanted to let everyone know the car just got inssured today and was driving around for a bit.....we tried to put in a gallon of gas into it but i htink theres a vapour lock somwhere since it likes to over flow once we have about 1/4 of it in and we have to wait a bit while it slowly drains down. any other ideas?

There should be a little plastic pipe (1/2 inch diameter) going from the top of the fuel tank to the top of the filler pipe. This lets the air out when you put fuel in. Maybe yours is trapped/missing/blocked etc. Otherwise possibly a blockage in the filler pipe itself.

It's good to hear the car is back on the road.

figured out the 20 year old fuel filter needs to be changed....as for the gas not going in....I think its just got a full tank. if there was a vapour lock, the gas wouldn't slowly go down the filler tube while the engines running. we ran the battery down while trying to start it again, but 3 turns of the good old crank brought her back to life again

what ever that contraption is on the bonnet, my 1961 f4 has it too

It is a number plate holder, it was fitted to certain export versions only. Our R4s were also supposed to have this, but I have seen it only on a very original 1972 one, I guess no one cared about it, and bolted the number plate directly on the bonnet.

Back