Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1978 r16 tx

ggcton

Enthusiast
I decided not to proceed with the restoration of the peugeot 304 and it has now moved on to Eddie Ratley who some of you will know.
My latest folly is this 1978 Renault 16TX it is taxed and MOTd which makes a change for me but it does require a lot of cosmetic work.
The R6 850 should be on the road in the next week or two and when that is finished I will start preparing this car for a similar restoration.
I think the 6 and the 16 should be good companions.

IMG_0991.jpg

Was it your 16 I saw at wheels day the other day ?!? (Think I recognise the stickers :))

It was but it still belonged to Chris Salter then.
It is now back in Lincolnshire and sticker free.

Another 16 - you just sold one! Although I did find the GL a bit of a barge to drive. What's the TX like to drive? And what makes it cooler?

Another 16 - you just sold one! Although I did find the GL a bit of a barge to drive. What's the TX like to drive? And what makes it cooler?

Twin headlights :cool:

I've never experienced a 16TX (and if we are honest, probably never will) but I imagine them to be very useable, capable cars. Ideal for a trip to Montlhery Gary?

I had a TX in the early 80's, Without doubt the most comfortable smooth soft ride ever,
Armrests and column change, And would plow through snow like it wasnt there, Back end collapsed as usual,

The TX has more comfort and more power than the GL you drove at the bubble car museum.
The TX has a larger 1645 cc engine and a 5 speed gearbox so no problems on the motorway or keeping up with traffic.
It also has things like electric windows tinted laminated screen and other things to go wrong.
This will be my 4th R16 I had a TX then a TS and then the GL.
The TX went to Ireland, the TS Eddie Ratley still has and Tony Topliss has the GL.
Still a bit of a barge though.
Despite the shabby appearance this one went to Reims in March and Arras the following weekend.
Gary

Back