Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL

SaleBite

Hello

Just thought I'd advertise on here in case anyone is interested in the following:

Renault 4 GTL. C-Reg, 1985. 40k miles and metallic silver colour.

Good runabout and used until very recently, but is being replaced with a new car. Taxed and Insurance and otherwise passed MoT.

NOTE: The car is at present U/S as it needs its braking system repaired. The garage where it is located has quoted a price of £320 to do this work, so this will need to be taken into account.

Located at Gosport in South Hampshire: it would need either to be collected (conveyed?) from location or else repaired at the garage.

Offers invited; please PM and I will send further information and contact details: no digital camera to hand. (I am advertising online by proxy on behalf of my mother, whose car it is).

Quick response - within a few days of this posting - would be appreciated because the car is at present at the garage.

Cheers
Richard

Updated: Just heard both brake pads need replacing and main cylinder leaking and recommends being replaced. Hence, it cannot be driven until repaired. Hope that makes sense.

Richard

desperatly seeking renault 4

Hi Richard
I have just registered with this site as I am seeking a renault 4. I used to have a silver/grey 1985 GTL and am v. interested to find out more about your mums.
apart from the braking system, is there anything else mechanically faulty with it? i am not too worried about dings and dents but cannot afford to do any major work...can you tell me what price you would accept as with the cost of the brake repairs (this also happened to my car) I wouldn't be able to stretch too far.
cheers
Sophie

Hello Sophie

Thanks for the reply.

I will find out and be back in touch - probably tomorrow (Thurs) evening, when I have passed on the message.

Cheers
Richard

Hope you get it Sophie! Nice to have another R4 in Bath. Mine's a 68 blue one if you ever see it around.
Does anyone else think £320 sounds a bit steep to replace pads and master cylinder?

£320 is certainly steep, but considering dealers charge more than £50 per hour these days it's a bargain.

A tip for anyone with an old car - buy your children mechano kits. You'll pay back your investment 100 fold.

:clementi:

£320 is a bargain .You ought to try running a garage with all these EU rules and regs.Paperwork is a nightmare and disposal of all waste materials damn expensive .Believe me very little profit is made charging £50 per hour.
If you break down the bill approx £150 is parts [ minimal] and allow 2 hours to fit the the pads and master cylinder considering its a old car things do not some apart easy.Then i can bet once you've done all this the brake will have just too much travel .So off come the rear drums to adjust up the shoes.Fair price in my opinion .
Anyway ! car sounds a winner and a worthwhile project .If it should become available and the previous e-mailier is not interested please give me a shout.

Back