Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1986 GTL soon for sale in Sussex

lorax

Enthusiast
Got to do it I'm afraid, but will be very sad to see Arthur go....

ARTHUR'S NOW SOLD. A VERY HAPPY LADY WHO'S HAD 4'S BEFORE HAS BOUGHT HIM. THANKS FOR THE INTEREST AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP ON THE FORUM OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS - I'LL RECOMMEND THE NEW OWNER SIGNS UP

NEIL

Last edited:
Here's the photo from the gallery:

Arthur%20side%20of%20house.jpg

Did you spot the wanted ad for a Renault 4 in Sussex?

Renault 4 for sale

Is this car still for sale ? If so where is it as I live in Sussex and how much is it with a new MOT ?

Regards

Nigel Smith

Renault for sale

Hi
Would it be possible to send a few more pictures? I'm looking to return to Renault 4s after a gap of about 35 years as I want somehing a little quicker than my Acadiane (only a little quicker will do!) but still with some character.
Thanks
Pete
pcmail@thewebshed.co.uk

Thanks for putting the pic up Clem, I'll post more pictures this week. I had seen the post for R4 wanted in Sussex and I've emailed the lady this afternoon
Neil

Just finished setting up dwell/timing/new points. Arthur's back in scalded cat mode and purring like a kitten. Shame to see him go but that's life....

Blimey, first person round to see Arthur already......

Nearly forgot, I have got a set (4) of gordini alloys that will fit any 3 stud R4 or R5 as well. No tyres, need a polish but very nice on a 4 and a bit unusual these days - happy to sell them seperately. Let me know and I'll send pics if you're interested....

Neil

still 4 sale?

I also live in sunny Sussex, really want a R4 and need a car to start a new job in a few weeks. What chance I can come and have a look with a bundle of slightly used notes in my pocket?

That R4

Looks like you will be busy , I would like to say how keen I am to view the car I too have cash waiting for the right car and I live in Sussex too!!

Please telephone me 01424 813784 or 0780 1623559

Richard

Pictures! Hope they are all clear - more to follow.

• Bonnet from front.jpg
    Bonnet from front.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Boot open.jpg
    Boot open.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Engine from left.jpg
    Engine from left.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Engine from right.jpg
    Engine from right.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Front seats.jpg
    Front seats.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 74
More pics - soon be yet more too....

• Interior and dash.jpg
    Interior and dash.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Nearside from rear.jpg
    Nearside from rear.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Nearside rear wing rust.jpg
    Nearside rear wing rust.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Offside from front.jpg
    Offside from front.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Offside from rear.jpg
    Offside from rear.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 75
Last of the pics. The rust on the rear wings is surface only. It was there when I got the car and I rubbed it down and iron oxided it. It hasn't spread. The rust bubbles on the front wing are minor and surface but there is some corrosion between the offside front inner and outer wings - nothing too serious though. Center console is not attached. Stereo works and is included but not attached. No speakers or aerial. Sony tranny on the dash included for olde worlde radio listening pleasure (ie crap reception and poor sound quality) Haynes manual and some other literature included. Mountings for spare are in boot - I didn't like to leave it under the car. Jack/wheel brace included. Interior reflects my lack of interest in wasting time cleaning cars but will be vacuumed for buyer.

• Offside rear rust.jpg
    Offside rear rust.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Offside wing.jpg
    Offside wing.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 71
  • Rear from right.jpg
    Rear from right.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Rear seats.jpg
    Rear seats.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 77