Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...9000 miles later...

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
You will all be bored with this but 9000 miles after my last MOT, and without any hesitations, deviations and repetition the whole year, my pride and joy has just sailed through her MOT...only needing a bulb for the numberplate.

Has anyone done more mileage since their last MOT?

I was so pleased that I told my friends at the MOT station that I would get their name up in lights on the internet, so here they are:

Gauden Motors in West Norwood - The home of some very nice people

• CIMG0008.jpg
    CIMG0008.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 59
Congratulations Ian. I hope your success will rub off on the rest of us. :D

When you posted the pics of your pal Jeff Soan the reg plate seemed familiar, and I've just realised it's practically the same number as yours. Is this a SE London thing?

Tell the garage we'll be queuing on the forecourt tomorrow morning :wink:

..You are so observent..

...Well done Bluebelle, you are so on the ball wherever you are - perhaps its the French air or perhaps its the fact that you were an Officer of the Law (as Clouseau would have said) before taking early retirement on the grounds of wanting to have more fun in France -Yes I noticed the numberplate similarity - I am not sure how it worked but didnt the last 2 letters indicate the town or county of first registration?

And where are you - Lunny Seeds or Bouthern Surgandy? Look out for one of these - Only ever sold in Eastern France apparently..

...and is this you and Chris in Paris before Jeff Back composed Hi Ho Silver Lining - my favourite karoke song?

And what on earth is Chris doing?

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 4cv 1.jpg
    4cv 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 62
You've caught us at it, Ian. Due to spending all our money on R4s we are now down on our uppers and have had to revert to our Bohemian lifestyle. I'm trying to earn a euro or two by draping myself decoratively over strangers' bonnets, while Chris is flooding the art market with Old Masters.

Back