Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..A little advice Team..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..I am thinking of buying another Renault 4 but my wife thinks a Nissan Micra would be a better bet - I know Malcolm has the downers on a Micra but what do the rest of you think?

• CIMG0148.jpg
    CIMG0148.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 273
Coughs and splutters into my porridge, a micra?

Although looking around, it seems your wife has good reason, as the only birds you'll be getting round your new car would be a few geese

• micrasrgeese.jpg
    micrasrgeese.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 269
A Nissan Micra is always a better choice. If you sell it, you can buy two (or three maybe) R4s!

The other thing you'll be certain of getting with a Micra is depreciation!

My wife was given an automatic micra to drive when she put her car in for service at the Renault dealer. I had never heard her swear before, but this car has cured her of that and the need to EVER have a micra. You should have heard the flurry of expletives, and then again when told that the Renault would take another day!!!

Oh but seeing as Renault own Nissan these days then by default you would still be driving a Renault ;)

So if I were to buy myself a Fiat I would technically be driving a Ferrari? This sounds like a win win situation! :)

Nope sorry berserk_gorilla, FIAT own Ferrari therefore, all Ferrari drivers are driving round in glorified FIATs

Timing chains start to fail on Micra's at ANY mileage. They are a horror show to get at. Cost - slightly more than an excellent R4 to repair. Lots of cheap Micras in the auctions as a result though... Oh - and they are slighly duller than your fridge to drive...

well done Pepper that told him, Ahh but will they rust as quickly ?

From what I've seen of them then yes!

And they fall apart just as quickly too, Not called F****d In A Tick for nothing you know ;)

..Well Team, the deed is finally done..

..And I have finally persuded my 90 year old spinster Aunt to part with her beloved Nissan Micra..

So I now realise that I have probably gone from Hero to Zero with you lot with a single stroke of the R4 Emerald green 'Mauritius' made in Sunderland Nissan Micra brush

I may well be a 'turncoat' but before you all pass judgement on me, I would like you all read these immortal words written by Sir Steven Marriott MSF, a famous Philosopher General:

Life is just a bowl of All-Bran
You wake up every morning and it's there
So live as only you can
It's all about enjoyment it 'cos ever since you saw it
There aint no one can take it away.

So life is just a bowl of All-Bran - very true!
What you say has made it very clear
To be sure I'll live as best as I can
But how can I remember to keep it all together
When half the moon is taken away?

Well, I've got the very thing
If you can laugh and sing
Give me those happy days toytown newspaper smiles
Clap twice, lean back, twist for a while
When you're untogether and feeling out of tune
Sing this special song with me and don't worry 'bout the moon as it
looks after itself

PS: By the way, does anyone know what MSF means?

• Photo0113.jpg
    Photo0113.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Photo0114.jpg
    Photo0114.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo0115.jpg
    Photo0115.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo0116.jpg
    Photo0116.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 50
Doh quick edit before Ian notices my stupidity :rolleyes:

Perhaps Member of Small Faces?

..You are dead right Pepper..

..Médecins Sans Frontières..

And now today's guessing game - Sir Steven Marriott could also have MHP after his name - any idea what that means?

• CIMG3953.jpg
    CIMG3953.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 34
Back