Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A long Trip

Hi all.. have decided to make a trip in my R4L Clan!!
She is 26 years and I am 78.
We intend to drive from Cognac in France to St Malo, then take the ferry to Plymouth, and on to Lands End. From there we will make our way up to
John O' groats in Scotland, keeping off motorways where possible.
Would like to hear from other enthusiasts who may have made longish trips,
with if possible words of encouragement.
My local friends reckon that I'm unbalanced.!!
Regards..Thibault

When I first bought my 4L I drove her home from Annecy to Bath. It is a bit crazy but that's what makes it fun, right?
Bring a toolbox, don't hurry, pick up hitchhikers. Look on a map of Britain for a green line on one side of a road - these are the roads your 4L likes best. Come to visit other 'trellistes and bring some parts to trade ;)

I've done a few longish trips in the GTL, last year to France was a 2000 km round trip, and the car was brilliant, unbalanced, never, it's a great plan you have Thibault. I must say I've always fancied going on a trip from LE to JOG myself, and what better vehicle than a 4L. Please tell us when you are planning to do this run, it would be great if some of us could meet up with you at Lands End to send you on your way. Good luck, hope you get to do your adventure. Regards Brian.:cool:

You are far from mad, sence of adventure is what drives us and meeting new people. If you read my other post, I bought a clan 6 weeks ago with a broken gearbox. I changed the gearbox and timing chain and did a few other repairs and in one month I have covered just over 11,000 kilometres in England and France and its brilliant. All I will say is when doing 120kph it gets a little noisey as a Clan had even less sound proofing.

Back