Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

advice/ mechanic/garage needed

rennart

Enthusiast
hello I have a very well loved Renault 4 GTL that I have kept on the road since new! 1986.
I recently had a problem with an air leak that my local garage thought it had cured.
However, it is running ok now but only with the choke extended quite a bit. I don't feel like
it is running very well.
I think my local garage has tried their best, but are not entirely used to the quirks of a Renault 4.
Please can somebody recommend a garage mechanic local to Folkestone Kent who would like
to have a go.

IMG_9626.jpeg

Hello again!
after a change of local garage + a new carburrettor, the car is running much better and even passed its' MOT!
However, it cuts out when coming to a stop at traffic lights or slowing down at junctions etc..
Always reignites immediately, but obviously this is not ideal.
(Driving with the choke a little extended helps a little, but still cuts out on coming to a halt)
The new garage mechanic said it needs to be used for a few long journeys to flush all the rubbish out.
Does anybody on the forum have any ideas that may solve the problem?

If the engine cuts out on over-run (ie; when coming to a halt at lights without the accelerator being used) It maybe running weakly, so turning the mixture screw a quarter turn OUT would enrich the mixture a little. It's also possible that the engine's timing is a tad retarded, so check that as well.

hi there nice to chat earlier today waiting for pics via whatsapp

Back