Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

air screw

Son

Enthusiast
im wondering if anyone can help i have a 1985 gtl 1100 it has an original carb but the air screw has come loose and i have lost it has anyone got one they want to sell i have sourced one from my local dealer (very helpfull by the way) but this is going to take one month and dont want to go that long without rueben may be interested in full carb for right price

Not paying attention once again. Which one is the air screw? I didn't think the little things had one. I've seen a mixture screw and a idle adjustment screw - is the idle one the bit you need?

hi malcolm
im sorry it has taken so long to reply i have had a look at the car and i presume it is the mixture screw i have attached some photos hope u can help
sorry its blurred if u cant make sense of it i can do another one
cheers son

• IMG_4061.jpg
    IMG_4061.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 75
That hole at the bottom? That's the mixture screw. Surprised it works without one.

Send me a private message with your postal address and I'll stick one in the post for you.

hi malcom
thanks ever so much malcolm but i had good news today my local renault dealer phoned to say my screw had arrived. I put it in and it seems fine i'm suprised it worked too i do have another problem with pre-ignition, i have taken the plug's out and they do look a little worse for wear am going to get some more. The guy i bought the car off had retarded the ignition for it to run on unleaded petrol do you think this has somthing to do with it? cheers again

Back