Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Always listen to your wife..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
My wife tells me that I do not contribute to this site in a helpful way at all and that she is surprised that M lets me carry on as though Kenneth Williams is alive and kicking and living in a Renault 4 world.

Well she may be right and to redress that situation I now have pleasure in posting up The Ian stanbury alternative Haynes Manual but in Italian to help our Dutch cousin Mr Berlusconi.

This is all you need to know about a Renault 4 and I hope my exactidude is helpfull on how a Renault 4 works etc and that you will all benefit from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
are there some pages missing , as the instructions on building a plein air would of been quite useful :)
oh and ive never seen a 4 gtl engine with a dynamo :confused:

..You are dead right Paul..

..I did miss out a page - How on earth did you know? Anyway here it is.

And while on line, Tim - Here is a sample Renault 4 on 4court picture - one that has been there for a considerable amount of time, me supposes - Where is your baby pic - Digital camera battery needs charging?

And Bluebell, what on earth is this chap doing? Taking his reluctant Renault 4 4 a walk?

Last edited by a moderator:
are there some pages missing , as the instructions on building a plein air would of been quite useful :)
oh and ive never seen a 4 gtl engine with a dynamo :confused:

Me neither. Ian is good at finding odd things.

Are you seriously interested in Plein Air building instructions? All the old factory manuals have them. It's useful stuff, but I've never been able to fathom why it's included in the workshop manual.

Are you seriously interested in Plein Air building instructions? All the old factory manuals have them. It's useful stuff, but I've never been able to fathom why it's included in the workshop manual.

Probably because Renault never made the Plein Air body panels as spare parts, so they had to be made locally if they were damaged.
Who could imagine back then that they would help us make a replica almost 40 years later!!!

Back