Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Another new member needs help!!

a310dave

Mad for Renault
I just joined the forum and would like some advice. My R4 is a GTL from 1984. It is all original with 87,000kms; it has never been welded (and doesn't need it!) but it has one issue. I cannot time it properly as the vacuum unit on the distributor isn't working. It is the strange foreign make that was sometimes fitted. I would like to change it for a Ducellier unit but where can I buy one - not Renault thanks as their prices are ridiculous.

Anyone got a spare one? The car is the R1228, 1108cc. Posting to Germany or France would need pricing but I need the dizzy so what have you got?

Superb forum.
a310dave :?

I have a Femsa one if that is any help ? The ducellier ones are by far the best but hardest to locate .The Marelli unit is also good.

R4 dizzy

Thanks Liam4R4SPARES - a very fast response!!
Please let me know the price and postage to Germany.

The vacuum unit has failed on my FAMSA dizzy.

Regards
a310dave :D

Hi,
price for the distributor is £12 and i would estimate a postage cost of about £10 [anything over this amount i would cover myself] .If you would like me to find a exact quote for postage ? i will try and do this late this week.
Regards Liam

Dizzy purchase

Hi Liam
Thanks for your enthusiasm - it makes a change these days and I do appreciate it.

Of course I'll buy the dizzy and the postage is whatever the postage is!

If you could send an email to me at a310man@aol.com, I'll give you the address; as I work for the MoD I am not allowed to publish an address anywhere, especially not on the 'net.

Thanks again.
Regards
a310dave :lol:

Back