Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Body panels

tinbum

Misguided Fool
Hi all, Phillipe, my 1979 R4 TL, needs some work doing. I have 2 new front wings, but would be interested in doors, rear wings and poss a bonnet as well. Also, whats the triangle bit between the door and front wing, is it an A panel? If so, I'd like some of those too. Not all these need replacing, but if I found ones better than what I've got, I'd use them and then restore the duffers. I've written to Santa, but thought I'd try you guys as well.
Any ideas?

Ebay has quite a few panels for sale. I bought two rear wings and a front wing from a chap off here, which I'm probably not going to use. You'd be quite welcome to have them for a similar price to which I paid for them.

Might be worth looking up renault4mad in Penzance. He might have some bits and pieces.

For the front wings Renault are the best place - should be about £35 each and they fit well. Would need some holes drilling for your chrome trim though, and ask for GTL wings - they are the only ones left. Don't know if Renault sell bonnets any more.

For rear wings and apex panels (them triangular ones) and maybe bonnet I'd try Der Franzose these days. Apex panels need to be welded on, but the rear wings will bolt in place.

For doors you'll not find the external hinge doors new. I've a fair selection of rusty ones, but repair might be the easiest option as the early window frames are difficult to remove to swap between doors.

Ebay has quite a few panels for sale. I bought two rear wings and a front wing from a chap off here, which I'm probably not going to use. You'd be quite welcome to have them for a similar price to which I paid for them.

Wow, great! Are the rear wings new/good condition? How much would you want for them?

i have a couple of TL doors
welcome to come and have a look

Back