Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Boot lid handle please

skier

Enthusiast
anyone got a boot lid handle with a key, mine is missing. I need a drivers door storage tray in brown as well. :roll: Just starting a restoration thought id start with an easy bit!

What's your location? I can possibly help with a brown door pocket. Not sure about the boot handle - think I'm starting to run short of those myself.

I tend not to post parts (I've found it takes too long and there are way too many other things I don't have time to do), but I'm about 25 minutes from Milton Keynes. If you come up with a list of bits later on in the project then you would be welcome to drop in and have a rummage.

You just had to get your 1000th posting in Malcolm:D :D

Best wishes for such a great forum

I'll leave you blow out the candles:wink:

Bugger! It's a traditional to do something ground breaking or to write something especially helpful with a 1000th post. I wasn't paying attention and missed it.

So my 1000th says I can't be bothered posting bits (which is true), but doesn't mention in any way the Gordini project going to start in the next week (finally) or the nice new TIG welder that's going to do some amazingly cool restoration work on the thin Renault tin, or even photos of the 8 R4s kicking around the place at the moment. Ah well. Will have to wait until the 10,000th post to see how those things turn out.

In a way the 1000th is indicative of my new way forward. It's nice to be all helpful, but it does take a whole lot of time. From 1001 I'm planning to do my own thing a little more. Work has accepted that 3 days a week is all they are going to get so I should hopefully be able to spend a little more time on this site, and on the other things I like to do.

I don't think there are numbers on the locks. Of course they wouldn't display the key number externally. But I haven't noticed numbers on the barrels either (you tend to need the key to remove the barrel).

Best option is to get some spare keys cut while you still have the original keys. Most key cutting places will be able to replicate the R4 keys for not much money.

I havent got lock at all, just a hole where it used to be, so i dont mind having an extra key just so long as i can lock it!

Back