Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

boot rubber

dutch bloke

Enthusiast
I know the special bottom section of the bootlid rubber is no longer available, but has anyone any close-up pictures of how to make the bottom corners of the bootlid draught and water proof?
I have used a new rubber for the top section which has a perfect fit but can't seem to get the bottom corners right.

Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

29758e60.jpg

29a58c20.jpg

29bd3580.jpg

thanks for that Greeny.

It looks to me like that shape is quite difficult to make but i will give it a try. Thanks a lot for your help. it may be I have to try to get some from a scrap car...

I'm going to need some of those too. I'd bet Steve Hennessy has been organised enough to buy the last original parts on the planet - We could have some moulded from the patterns.

Especially if someone else did the legwork and figured out who can do such mouldings.

I found a local company that does rubber moulding. If I go to them and inquire how much it would be to make fair batch of them, would you lend the originals to me (against a deposit of course) so they can use it to make the mould?
Let me know and I would be happy to get this off the ground

Dutch bloke

Hello from slovenia,

I'm a big fan of renault 4, and i read this forum daily...
I'm renovating a r4 gtl.

My suggestions is that we must to unite.

What is the planning price for this back rubber? I 'm knowing a lots of people that need this rubber, and the shipping will be lowest...

I found a local company that does rubber moulding. If I go to them and inquire how much it would be to make fair batch of them, would you lend the originals to me (against a deposit of course) so they can use it to make the mould?
Let me know and I would be happy to get this off the ground

Dutch bloke

Please can you pm me about this.
Thanks
Steve

well, that sounds great!

Have you got a website address or e mail address of the place you can buy them from?

Leon

This particular supplier has NO website he has a wooden box for a counter wears a brown overall and has one of those phones that you wind up to get a line OH & He only speaks French this is his email address mrp.laure@wanadoo.fr

I will dig out the number later. but if you want assistance just ask. I can order a few for myself so can include anyone else

They are available!
hug.gif

Shall send messages - we ought to work out some sort of UK supply for all these bits that we can't get over here.

its the postage and packing thats the problem i guess on some of the bigger things as the company in france or wherever might not be prepared to parcel them all up

As I said before I am quite happy to do the ordering for you as I speak French too I will also take delivery here and post them to you should the guy not send them directly to UK but I think they do; postage is pretty good here too I sent a cylinderhead from a DS to someone in the UK and it cost 40€
Anything I can do to help out the "club" just ask:wink:

thanks sounds good
ive dropped my bumpers off yesterday so i should know this week if he has any

Back