Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Brake drum back plate

Mel Scrivin

Enthusiast
Hi guys

Anyone know where I can get hold of the above? Just failed MOT. Need both sides at rear.

Cheers
Mel

Bendix or girling auto adjust or manual adjust
180mm or 160mm
Front or rear handbrake setup
Answers to the above needed
Be aware that you will also need rear wheel bearing kits as they will get destroyed on removal to get back plates off

Hmmm and eek! Girly here just seeking what the mechanic told me I needed! 4GTL I believe. Rear drums. Can't answer any of your questions I'm afraid Mr Reno! :/ (don't even know what Bendix and girling are!!!)

I will try and simplify now we know you've got a GTL will assume it has got handbrake on the floor and it is an 84 to 86 model it will definitely be 180 mm drums
Probably won't be able to identify bendix or girling without a photo with the brake drum off you are welcome to ring me on 07973 423 795 or possibly get your mechanic to call me and I will explain it further this doesn't mean I will have the parts you need but it may help make sure you get the correct ones

Hi Mel

If Mr Reno above does not have the backplates. Contact me with a photograph of the rear brake set up showing brake shoes and wheel cylinder (brake drum off). I will then be able to work out which type you have. I might have a spare set of rear back plates. My email is: christianebeyer@yahoo.co.uk

I from memory have used the GTL back plates that I had on my rodeo Project as mine originally had front handbrake and I've now converted mine over if you'd actually needed 160 ml backplates I'm 99% sure I've got those we will all wait until we've got some pictures but Mr carruthers is welcome to help you out if he can

Hi Mel

If Mr Reno above does not have the backplates. Contact me with a photograph of the rear brake set up showing brake shoes and wheel cylinder (brake drum off). I will then be able to work out which type you have. I might have a spare set of rear back plates. My email is: christianebeyer@yahoo.co.uk
You supplied a set of brake drums and backplates for a back plates for a GTL 2 my friend Simon sapsted a year or so back so maybe you have sold them already but you seem to have a good stock of pieces there so fingers crossed

Thanks guys!! Suspect I will have to get mechanic on here lol. Car currently at garage for welding (stage 1 of MOT pass requirements!) You are all heroes, thanks so much for your help. Confirm she is D-reg (86?) and handbrake is in usual car position (on floor between front seats). Will get back to you when I have pics/ info/ answers!!!

OK. Pics. Mechanic reckons... Oh shit the piece of paper is in the washing machine . I think it said Bendix lol. Def auto though and 180mm. He thinks it might be possible to weld the corrosion, any thoughts (pic 2 below bolt heads)? Pic of shoes show as removed, driver's side, so handbrake attaches at rear?

20190614_101629.jpg20190614_101642.jpg20190614_101730.jpg

Sorry I did try and explain that they are the most common ones hence I had used them but there are other variants which I have got sitting around which aren't what you need

Back