Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Brake parts online catalouge

seujimmy

Enthusiast
May be of interest i found brakeparts.co.uk they have a searchable illustrated and priced brake parts catalouge. Well worth a look even for R4.

Now, that's a nice little website. Thanks. What may be of help to people is that they are often asking about the fitting kit for rear brake shoes. We all thought that they could only be obtained from Renault, but this site lists them. Similarly, a few months ago someone was asking about a fitting kit for the front calipers - namely the 4 pieces of sprung steel to stop the pads from rattling. They are listed on this site as well.

It would be interesting to see if they hold these parts in stock.

brake catalouge

The brake shoe fitting kit shown in the catalouge is also available from APEC part number KIT712 i know because i've just bought one.It was incorretly supplied to me so if any one wants this set £5 including post in uk. Just to let you know that the R4 160mm rear brake fitting kit that is shown is incorrect and i believe its for the 180mm R4 brake (this as APEC KIT712).The o/e renault kit for the R4 with 160mm rear brake is part number 7701004720 thanks go to mr- reno -139 for that information.

Oooh - that's a Bendix GTL fitting kit you have there? (Girling will be different I guess). I'd have it - my local motor factors managed the rear shoes but didn't manage to follow up with the fitting kit so I had to buy the complete set from Renault.

Another brake catalouge

Found another brake catalouge at apec-braking .co.uk there are no prices on this site as its trade only but having bought apec parts through my local trade supplier there is very little difference in price's to brake parts.It's a very competetive market.

What can I do about these prices then?!

I have listings for discs, drums , pads, shoes and fitting kits. Prices are:
Bendix front pads FBP1052/1068 £10.29
Girling/Lucas front pads FBP1011 £11.75

Bendix fitting kit FMK4136 £3.97
Lucas/Girling fitting kit FMK4134 £3.30

Front disc FBD230 £14.03ea or £22.45 a pair

Bendix rear shoes FBS194 £15.77
Lucas/Girling rear shoes FBS101/259 £21.29 or £19.79

Bendix fitting kit FMK3118 £6.27
Lucas Girling fitting kit FMK3095(FBS259) £5.36

Rear drums FBR660 £26.26ea or £52.52 a pair

Front drums are available but will take some digging about to get a listing for them

The prices include VAT. I think they compare favourable with brakeparts.co.uk :cool:

If anyone needs parts, get in touch with me on 01269 591128 / 591129. Have your reg. details and phone number handy!

brakeparts

I just managed to order wheel cylinders, front brake shoes and handbrake cables from brakeparts.co.uk
Thanks for the info.

Back