Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Brake Servo - '82 gtl

robg

Enthusiast
Could anyone recommend a remote brake servo that I can use for the front (drum) brakes?
Thanks

You need something like this:
Or this:
I am sure there will be others available in the UK, particularly for late 60s/early seventies small cars after they went to dual circuit masters. Look for something for maybe a 1970-72 Mini? The salient point is for just the front brake circuit you can use the smaller of the two typical sizes (2 wheel and 4 wheel) that boosters are typically available in. The bigger one will be overkill.

I use a VH44 in my '68 model with a dual circuit master cylinder, acting on front only, all drums. The vh40 is bigger, for 4 wheels.
Previously I had an alfa with twin small bonaldis on dual front and rear circuits (all disc).
Good luck.

Edit: seems like a whole bunch of plunger sizes on these- I will look up what specific model we fitted. Also need enough volume to cpoe with drums

Appreciate the response Piet - looks like a good lead.
Rob

I'd also like to fit one but I've got a 1986 GTL with discs and (I assume) a split circuit even across the front? Has anyone fitted a servo to something like this? Do I need a double ended servo? Also, where to fit it...

I'd also like to fit one but I've got a 1986 GTL with discs and (I assume) a split circuit even across the front? Has anyone fitted a servo to something like this? Do I need a double ended servo? Also, where to fit it...
I've modified inner wing slightly and used r5 gtl mk1 servo and master cylinder on my rodeo

I've modified inner wing slightly and used r5 gtl mk1 servo and master cylinder on my rodeo
Cheers Paul, I assume one of those would be dual circuit like mine but are they unobtainium? Many thanks, btw, for your suggestion.

everything is available just need to look on ebay
have you got 3 or 4 pipe system
might have another servo here it's very tight on left hand drive because of steering
are you on Facebook as easier to post pics on messenger

everything is available just need to look on ebay
have you got 3 or 4 pipe system
might have another servo here it's very tight on left hand drive because of steering
are you on Facebook as easier to post pics on messenger
Yes Paul, I'm on Facebook. My car is right hand drive, ie UK. On Facebook just search for Mark Bradbury and my heading photo is my orange R4. Cheers.

Back