Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Car Matts

Eoynteenie

Planning an Advent4
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of a technical drawings for the rubber mates that sit on the boot floor and in the foot wells?

The boss has allowed it so I can use the Water cutter at work to cut out a new set of rubber matts for my Renault 4.

I still have the originals to use as a pattarn, just hoping maybe for a short cut?

I guess I could draw them up in Autocad for you then you could import to your water cutter ?

Believe I have autocad on my pc too was my plan anyway tbh, just hoped we had access to details instead of laying them out and checking them over with a tapemeasure.

Thanks for the offer thou Jon!

Went out today and tried to measure up the mats, due to the boots mat having curves proving hard to get a great sketch to send to Jon so we could get a good Auto-CAD drawing for the Water-jet cutter.

So got fed up and got the knife out and cut the rubber to the right shapes.

3 meters was just enough
2019-03-09 16.15.18.jpg
Quick cut up of the main roll
2019-03-09 16.50.53.jpg
Front foot well
2019-03-09 17.12.20.jpg
The boot piece proved tricky
2019-03-09 17.22.59.jpg
But feel i did a good job
2019-03-09 16.56.06.jpg
Front foot well installed
2019-03-09 16.33.38.jpg
Middle, around the handbrake might need further attention but looks ok.
2019-03-09 17.24.43.jpg
And finally the boot area.

Thanks for the offer of help Jon, and sorry matthew, but with a sharp blade, clear area and a good afternoon, sure you can reproduce my work here.

Did mine with similar off the roll material,cut in same fashion, you’ll find that after a few weeks it forms to floor contours more, especially if you run with the heater up full, sits a lot better than just off roll, if you do need to do any final detail/fit trimming I’d recommend leave it settle first.

Back