Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Carb identification

Curtis

Enthusiast
Hello this is my first time posting so apologies if it is in the wrong category

I have a solex carb that has lost the identification tag

It's looks identical to a solex 32 dis except it has an arm that is activated by the accelerator pump with a rubber cap that blocks the fuel bowl vent and the air mixture screw looks different

From my googling I can not find another example of this carb and wondered if someone here had the knowledge of it?

Thank you in advance

Curtis
Screenshot_20221024-101156_Photos.jpg

Hi

I think the carb might originate from a Renault 5 mark I as I noticed that at the base of the carb you have x2 unused cooling system hose connection points. The hoses which would be connected here on a Renault 5 would run to the waterpump.

Hi

I think the carb might originate from a Renault 5 mark I as I noticed that at the base of the carb you have x2 unused cooling system hose connection points. The hoses which would be connected here on a Renault 5 would run to the waterpump.
Thank you it gives me something to go on, although so far I can't find an example

I have one like that I bought with a manifold from Le Palace de Ancienne in France, as a Solex 32 off an R4. It looks bloody complicated! Was going to overhaul it and replace the zenith 28 but not so sure now...

Haynes manual for Renault R5 mk 1 shows this as the Solex 32 EISA and the flap is the defuming valve. Having said that, I believe some late model French spec R4s did have them.

Back