Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

circuit diagram and ball joints.

mmvanman

Enthusiast
I am new to renault 4s and wonder if anyone can help with the following

1. Where can I get a copy of a circuit diagram for a 1985 van.
2. Where can I get a list of which fuses do what?
3. Are upper and lower front ball joints handed?
4. On the RHS of my vehicle the rubber on both upper and lower ball joint is cracked. Both joints are original, riveted in place and do not have any wear. Is it possible to get replacement rubbers or do I need to replace the whole joint?

Somebody may be able to email you one, but if not all the diagrams are in the Haynes manual as are info on the fuses. You may need to buy one from Haynes or try to get a second-hand one off eBay. The upper ball joints are not handed but the lower ones are.

Regarding the split rubbers, I do believe that somebody does sell them - best to do a search. However, if all your ball joints are the 1985 originals then for safety's sake do consider replacing them.

If you are new to R4's then please search these forums first as many topics have already been covered.

Best of luck

I am new to renault 4s and wonder if anyone can help with the following

1. Where can I get a copy of a circuit diagram for a 1985 van.
2. Where can I get a list of which fuses do what?
3. Are upper and lower front ball joints handed?
4. On the RHS of my vehicle the rubber on both upper and lower ball joint is cracked. Both joints are original, riveted in place and do not have any wear. Is it possible to get replacement rubbers or do I need to replace the whole joint?

Welcome mmvanman!

1. I can have a look, if I can do a scan for you. But the wiring is fairly simple on the R4s. You should figure everything out when you have a closer look.

2. Maybe in the wiring diagram?

3. The lower front axle ball joints are handed, the upper are not.

4. You have to remove the rivets, the aftermarket balljoints will come with adequate bolts.

HTH

David

The schematics are the same as the Renault 4 GTL electrical schematics. The only difference is the lack of wiring for the heated rear windscreen.

Fuses 1-10 as seen from Right to Left
1. 16A --> Rear lights, rear window, power feed to the dashboard
2. Not used
3. 8A --> Windscreen wiper motor
4. 8A --> Contact, heater fan
5. 8A --> Interior light(s)
6. 5A --> Windscreen wiper return
7. 5A --> Indicators left
8. 5A --> Indicators right, Dashboard lights
9. 5A --> Indicator relais. ( The little black box that makes the indicators go blink, blink. )
10. 5A --> Foglight, rear.

As you will find out when fiddling with the wires the radio can be connected using the red connectors under the the steering wheel cowl. It's one of those what is this for things when looking around the the steering column. I think it's on the same fuse as the heater.

If you are fluent in reading French I can scan MR 175 and MR 176 for you. These have all the information in them you will find in a Haynes manual and then some. Anything you need for a nuts and bolts rebuild of your Fourgonette.
PM if you are interested.

Thanks for the fuse information.

Yes I can read french. If you have time and it is no trouble for you, i would appreciate a scan of MR 175 and MR 176.

Thanks for your help.

hi . well i have some electric diagrams but i dont think i have the van one.. still if that can help il be glad to help :) but i have the manuals that everyone has so it might not be usful

I am now sorted. All the electrical stuff turned out to be dirty connections at the fuses and in the bulb holders or the connectors on to the lights.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Back