Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Classic car events in the South East

GOOD day at the Kent Classic Car Show , big hug to all the Renault Gang ,nice hot day and lots of Laughs see you next time xx mike:clapping:
Yes Mike, it was a very enjoyable day but what a great shame so few of our cars came along. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Perhaps 200 R4s in the country yet only 5 there yesterday. There were more 2CVs at our local club night tonight. I will post my pics on here when I get a moment. Off to the USA on Wednesday

R4s at the Aylesford Friars yesterday.

1. A604SKM Vincent Modica

2. D130YVT Mr.Mick

3. 713EUT Derek Flavell (Renospeed)

4. C342CMO Unknown gent from Faversham?

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
.Top photos Paul, wow what a nice blue one, have a good trip and stay safe:waving:. mike

Yes Mike, it was a very enjoyable day but what a great shame so few of our cars came along. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Perhaps 200 R4s in the country yet only 5 there yesterday. There were more 2CVs at our local club night tonight. I will post my pics on here when I get a moment. Off to the USA on Wednesday
I'd love to have gone. Sadly it's about a 600 mile round trip which is perhaps a bit much...

I think a trip of that amount is too much to ask anyone to do Lobster, i think people will only go a few miles to go to a show and i would do the same. after all most of the people that come to the r4 kent meet come from outside Kent so a big thank you to them for doing this every year.:clapping: without them we would be a small few .

It's nice to have the Kent run. My R4 is going to be 50 years old next year so was built before they invented comfort. I don't really like driving as far as Kent as it's a couple of hours in a noisy thing, but I look forward to the Kent run so I can see everyone once a year.

You'll not get me there twice in a year. :laughing:

Some classic events here in the South East, all well worth attending.

Saturday 13th - Sunday 14th May FAVERSHAM TRANSPORT WEEKEND where the streets in the centre of the town are closed off to normal traffic and filled with classic cars, and a fun fair for children. Two micropubs also in the town centre.

Sunday 18th June BROMLEY PAGEANT The largest one-day classic car event in the World and with a large autojumble. Vincent Modica was the sole R4 owner last year, Renée shall be keeping his car company this year.

Sunday 9th July CALAIS CLASSIC CAR SHOW Well that's something different, and I may well go to it.

Sunday 6th August AYLESFORD FRIARS VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE CLUB ANNUAL RALLY A really terrific event when riders arrive from all over Europe and spend a few days here.

Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd September FAVERSHAM HOP FESTIVAL Again the town's centre is pedestrianised and the street filled with local microbreweries, live bands, German sausage stalls and much much more.

Sunday 10th September AYLESFORD FRIARS KENT CLASSIC CAR SHOW The counties largest classic car event, about five R4s arrived last year. Small autojumble and real ale beer tent. Always a terrific day.

I'll be driving Renée to most if not all of these events this year and I hope to see as many of you as possible too.

Thanks for that Paul. Quite fancy the Bromley show, but unfortunately it clashes with the Bristol Classic Car Show at the Bath and West Show Ground, so that's out. I will make a note of the Aylesford show though, in September. That sounds like it's worth the 300 mile drive.

wow so much going on, i will try to go to some of these :waving: xx

A really enjoyable day with our granddaughter at this weekend's Faversham Transport Weekend. Only one R4, the absolutely mint scarlet car (A604SKM) belonging to Alan Holroyd (an image on September 12 2016) a neighbour of Derek Flavell. This car was extensively restored last year by Renault Reborn. Alan was apparently unaware of this forum but as he dislikes using a computer, it may remain that way.

(Later) Google 'A604SKM' to see a number of images of this impressive R4.

Last edited:
The Leeds Castle event had, our plumber told us, a £20 entrance fee. I tend to avoid such events where the car owners pay for the privilege of displaying their vehicles. Also, and unavoidably, ones vehicle is rightly trapped at the event. All day until perhaps 5pm. If the weather turns, one is stuck.

hello Paul, hope you had a good day last sunday.the cars are not set up like they used to be.eg french cars together ,fords .american .it seems to be all over the place,and a lot of locals don*t bother going as much because of this. they need to sort it out to make it better:dontknow: this red renault 4 from faversham , i have never seen it anywhere around . only see a yellow A reg for a few weeks in may /june .mike

Mike, He was at the Friars last year. Elderly and a bit reserved, we had a better chat this time. A really immaculate car and at that cost, so it should be. Look out for a PM from me tomorrow. Paul.

I didn't finally make it to the Bromley Pageant yesterday. It was 32C in the shade on our patio and a know that the park where the event takes place would have been like a cauldron with no shelter, and therefore intolerable. No, we stayed at home with some friends and enjoyed a few bottles of Leffe.

Incidentally I took Renée out for a drive in the morning and at 80C I switched on the radiator fan where it mostly stayed until I got caught up in traffic and then the long climb up the hill to our house where the temperature crept up to around 100C. Still it was the hottest day of the year.

Incidentally I've twice ridden a motorcycle across Death Valley where it was 117F (47C) during the day and 100F (38C) at midnight. Incredible!

Back