Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Classic Car Road Tax

skosteve

Enthusiast
I know it is an old one now - if its older than 1st January 1973 you get Road Fund Licence for £0 -

But some of those Classic car people are trying again

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/historiccartax/

They are trying to get the date to move so some of the more modern classics can get the £0 RFL

(heres hoping I havnt repeated a thread :oops: )

I'll sign. I've got a really nice R4 built in April 1973. No point putting it on the road as I'd hardly ever use it and the tax would be annoying. At the moment it's going to donate it's bodyshell to an earlier and rustier car, but it's a shame as it does drive really well.

Sorry, but we weren't able to add your signature to the petition, because our site is extremely busy at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes' time.
Go democracy!

One thought - does anyone know anything about the road pricing plans? I gather we'll be charged £200 for the privalage of fitting a black box to our cars so we can be priced.

What happens if you happen to have about 8 ancient Renaults knocking around in the garage. Will the black box be transferrable between cars? Or will some poor cat somewhere be stung for a £1600 black box fitting bill?

And for a bonus point - will the black boxes work on 6 volts? :D

Can we bring back Alan Clarke? He was the one that pushed the free road tax.

I do hope the black box thing is only for low mileage drivers!

In 2006 I clocked 6000 in my Rapid and 16000 in my Octavia!

Mind you some of that was continental - but I dont like the black box idea

They would know - where I am, what time Im there and how fast Im going. Not a problem in the slower cars but in the Octavia I dont want them to know!

Back