Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

con-rod

peter pan

Enthusiast
:twisted: hello all try ed two start her up two day but no joy the person i had it of seems two think the con-rods is snapped is it easy two get one? i hope my Renault dealer got one for me:mad:

It would be bad if one of the conrods has snapped. It's not so much the expense of buying a new one, more figuring out why it snapped in the first place.

Generally a con rod would snap when the piston siezes in the cylinder, in which case not just new con rods, but also new cylinders and pistons would be necessary for a repair. If that were the case you'd be much better picking up a second hand engine. Not the end of the world - I've not seen an engine sell for more than £50.

A very real possibility is the previous owner doesn't know what he's talking about. If the engine turns on the starter motor it is unlikely to have seized! Have you got a manual for the car to check the ignition timing and points gap? (Haynes are pretty good).

:confused: you can turn the engine around about 3 quarters around by hand then it stops I'm half way of taking it out now sow we see Wat happens ? no book for the car phoned lots of places 2 get 1 e bay will be next

if its bad as and it needs to get scraped where do i
get new engine from

Back