Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Delphi DeCarbon Rear Dampers

ChrisH

Enthusiast
Don't think Scorpion Racing has any Delphi DeCarbon Rear Dampers left for R4's. Phoned a couple of times, last week and this week, and spoke with a nice young lady (Colin wasn't available) who has been trying to source these from Delphi - probably from abroad. Said I understood they had a load in stock but so far she has not come back and said they are in stock with them.

Anyone have any more up-to-date info on this - or where else they might be found. I am sure Pearl needs them as she has been skittish on occasions at the back end and I would feel much happier with a new pair on.

So, if not Scopion, from where?

Have just bought a Boyer Bransden inductive discharge (whatever that is) electronic ignition for Pearl, as suggested elsewhere on this forum. If anybody is interested they will supply direct, the kit is KIT 00069 ID, £30.60 inc VAT and P&P which I thought was good, and it arrived next day, faultless. It just "bolts" on so to speak and retains the normal contact breaker points etc . Can be used for static timing via a red LED in the circuit which lights up when the contacts breaker points open, which is handy. Claims to give improved combustion and mpg and points last 25000 plus miles. Looking forward to trying it. If it works it's a neat bit of kit and quite small and unobtrusive.

Would welcome any comments on the damper issue. Thanks

Colin had planned to organise a new supply. I think I bought the last of his stock last year, but one set went on Ian's car to stop it from bouncing, so I also could do with another set or two.

There's some muddle along the way - looks like Scorpion Racing might have gone a little pair shaped and changed hands at the end of last year, so maybe they are busy, but same staff are there so far as I know (which isn't very far).

Who else needs rear dampers that will last more than 5 minutes? Possibly we could persuade Colin to hassle Delphi and get some more made.

Hi Malcolm - sounds like you are on good terms with Colin! If you bend his ear and he gets some in I'd be in for a pair. Over to you Boss!!

Chris:

Not really - spoken to him once. I'll give him a bell and report back. Do remind me if I forget as that happens a lot.

I'll ask my neighbour if he can get any tomorrow, guess who he works for and can get parts at trade prices? :hug:

Excellent - tell him there's a market on here (a keen market but not necessarily a big one). There aren't any other rear dampers that will do the job so we desperately need them to avoid getting bouncy.

Just spoken to my neighbour and he's looking into them for me tomorrow. I shall start a new thread to see which years and how many we need.

Back