Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

desparate for help - paint for my R4 Super

geoff

Enthusiast
Hi all. So far I have bought 8 aerosols of paint for my Super. All are wrong !!
The code on the car is : 618.51 (the car is a blue / grey - like every Super I have seen) I have been told that 412 is the same colour !
So far I have tried :
618.51 Templier Storico
618 C2-29 Acier
412 Isle de France
I do not know where to go next. Does anyone out there have a 4L Super in the usual blue/grey colour? Can you offer any help please ?
Best regards
Geoff

As you have tried the correct code paint have you considered that the paint on the car has probably faded with age, as has happened with our 20 year old peugeot.The best way round the problem is to go to a paint spray shop who can match the colour and put it into a spray can, around here i believe they charge £8 a can.But can you get it done in France?

thanks for that - but it is no fade because I have the same problem where the sun never shines (so to speak!)
I think you are right - I need to find a paint shop here.
Thanks again
Geoff

for anyone interested, I am pleased to report that I have finally solved the problem.
On a recent trip to uk, I asked a little motor accesory shop I found to make up a sample for me. The colour they tried was 618.1 Templier Grise and hey presto - this is the one !!

A super in that colour is very rare! 618 was generally applied to the basic versions R3, R4 and Fourgonnette, not to the 4L or Super. Congratulations! Does your car have red or blue seats and doorpanels?

Regards,

Bram

Red seats and door panels Bram.
By the way, I intend to sell the car due to lack of space. If you can suggest the best through which I can advertise it, I would be most grateful.
Regards
Geoff

I'm sorry, I should have noticed!

You may want to send me some pictures of your Super. I've got a friend who might be interested. He's got a house in France too.

@+

Bram

rare Renault 4L Super for sale !

Due to lack of space I have reluctantly decided to sell my beautiful 4L Super.
Pictures and description of this very special variant can be seen on
< www.geoff401.vox.com >

Regards to all
Geoff

Wow what a beautiful looking car.

Mmm, wonders whether selling my Kia Sedona would get me killed by my family?

Back