Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Distributor Cap

newtome

Enthusiast
Hello to everyone,

This might seem like a funny question, I got my lovely red 1989 R4 (no name yet), had the ball joints changed and all new shocks. Been running great until about a week ago, after about 10 min of driving she would stutter then keep going (thought first bad gas) it happen a couple of times, emptyed the tank and filled from different station. Driving down the side of MT Etna on my way to work she stuttered again and this time lost all power but she would still idle. After about 20 min of pushing and pulling all the wires/cable/hoses, started her up and she ran fine, got to work ok, then on the way home she did the same thing, this time had some day light, while checking the plug wires, pull off the one from the distributor cap that goes to the coil and it was full of oil, cleaned this out and scraped out all the burnt stuff, she started right up and drove home fine, this weekend changed all the plugs and cleaned all the connections (ordered new cap and rotor). The funny question is, how the heck did oil get in there and could it be that the shop that did the ball joints and shocks be playing funny buisness??????????? Don't know????????
She ran perfect all day today.......... Thought idea's, maybe theres a different problem???

Thanks,
Carl

Back