Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Distributors making me dizzy...

Lobster

Enthusiast
Question for those who know more about such things than I....

Distributors are something of a black art as far as I am concerned - mine has some wear in the shaft (stop sniggering at the back) allowing it to move slightly and cause a slight misfire. Garage tell me I need a new one.

So, anyone got one or can tell me if this one from MRP will do the job?

'85 F6 van, 1108cc although its an R5 engine but identical all the same.

Thanks,

I know I've got a new Ducellier/Valeo 242039 distributor (R268/C34).
On the box it says R4/8/10/12, so there's a good chance that it's the 'same' as the one on the Melun site (which might be a reproduction) - not sure how well it'd work with your engine, though.
As your F6 has an R5 engine, I'm guessing that it's an R268D61. I've got one of these too, but need to hang on to it as a spare for my van. Could you confirm the number?

Try to steer clear of "adaptable" parts as French shops call them - it may fit in your engine but I don't think build quality or advance curve accuracy will be up to the job. A good secondhand genuine distributor is a much better solution than modern reproduction rubbish.

I know I've got a new Ducellier/Valeo 242039 distributor (R268/C34).
On the box it says R4/8/10/12, so there's a good chance that it's the 'same' as the one on the Melun site (which might be a reproduction) - not sure how well it'd work with your engine, though.
As your F6 has an R5 engine, I'm guessing that it's an R268D61. I've got one of these too, but need to hang on to it as a spare for my van. Could you confirm the number?
I'll check this weekend and let you know. Thanks :)

Back