Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Door Seal Adhesive

Hoy4lz

Enthusiast
Hi all
So I am ready to fit all new door seals to the van, and have got all seals required.

Can anyone recommend an adhesive to use to bond them on???
I have looked at 3m products, but have to be shipped from America it seems, I have also looked at Wurth products but cant seem to find the correct type.

I want to stay away from Sicaflex as its horrible stuff, and don`t want it all over my paint job!! and I question the adhesion of tape???

Any advise would be great!!

Just on a side note, I ordered the seals from vehicules anciens.fr and have had no trouble with postage times or anything, perfect service, and a pleasure to order from, with them sending paypal payment request for the total, to make conversion rate easier, and a little cheaper than francosze, who I usually order from.

As far as I could see there was no minimum order like some places I know a few of you have had issues with!

I`ll update with photos of the van when its a little nearer to the workshop door!!

Cheers
James

I have used "pattex total" and it worked well.
still holding after 5 years.

pattex-total-100g.jpg

It is easiery to find locally then ordering from franzose

Vehicluse-anciens.fr do a tested glue. I haven't purchased it yet as I'm waiting for the warmer weather. They have said that the quantity they supply will do 4 x doors and tailgate.

Pattex total is, in my opinion the best one to use. Also , it is easier to apply and its clear color makes for a neater finish.
It will never peal again.

20171221_111202.jpg 20171221_111207.jpg

Hi, does anybody know how to get Pattex Total in the UK? I can only find a Polish supplier who doesn`t ship here.

Cheers Simon.

I can check it in stores localy and ship to you.
I am in Croatia so few days more to UK.

50g bottle is about 5 GBP+PP

If you want send me PM.

Pattex glues are available in France, if anyone there can have a look. It could be possible to have a group order and have box sent over.

I am about to do this job myself as well. I have found a product called Pattex 100% on sale - do you think it is the same thing? seems to stick rubber well.

I am about to do this job myself as well. I have found a product called Pattex 100% on sale - do you think it is the same thing? seems to stick rubber well.
Yes, it is. Total and 100% are the same product.

Back