Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...Dubrovnik calling..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Well team, very good news..
There are more R4's buzzing around here than I had ever imagined and I will post up some interesting photos when I get home soon but..here is my rule of thumb estimate of how many there are in Croatia - I have been in Dubrovnik for 48 hours and have seen at least 48. The population of D is 450 thousand so its roughly .0001 of the population. The population of Croatia is 4.5 million so, if the same ratio holds good there must be at least 4500 in the country and I have been told that a goodun can be bought for 1000 euros, so same as everywhere as I thought!!
More Croatian news soon

Yan S

I live in Bosnia (that's next to Croatia :) ) near city of Doboj (it'a a small city) and every day I see lot of R4's running around. There is at least 30 R4's around here that I know of and quiet few in Bosnia. BTW friend of mine just sold his 1991 GTL in great condition for 800 euros.

..Dubrovnik ... where even the boats are old..

You are all probably bored with 'Dubrovnik calling', but I think you will all enjoy this pic..

• CIMG0653.jpg
    CIMG0653.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 123
I'm visiting in Slovenia (other side of Croatia) right now and yes there are many here too even though it is now EU and everyone has new cars. R4's were/are the pack-mules of Eastern Europe and an icon all under one hood.

Back