Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Ducellier distributor points

Adrian T.

Enthusiast
Hello all

I wonder if anyone can solve this one for me?
My '84 GTL has a Ducellier distributor, and the fixed side of the points is attached to a spring-loaded adjuster, and can be adjusted from outside the distributor, I assume, with the engine running and a dwell meter attached. However, the only replacement points I can find have a flat baseplate on the fixed side, and no locating lump on the underside. Two different motor factors have both supplied the same, and both say there is only one type available. I hope that I have attached a photo to show you what I'm on about. Has anyone got any ideas how to fit the new piece so that the electrodes meet square, or ideas on if the previous type are still available?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick completely somewhere?!!!!

Adrian.

OK, so I failed on the photo aspect. How do you get a photo on here? I'm not having a good IT day!!!!!!!

Adrian

I must confess that there isn't a Renault dealer within about 30 miles of my rural abode, so I hadn't actually thought of the obvious answer! I've managed to squeeze the new set in, and judged by sight for squareness, so at least I'm back on the road again! Thanks. Adrian.

You have a Renault 18 dizzy.Just order points for this model [engine size is 1256,1396 ish] small engine anyway from about 1979 vintage .These are great dizzys forgetting the dwell angle 100% and great for readjusting to allow for wear .

Liam, you're a star!!! To cut a long story short, the 'local' dealer claimed that he could no longer obtain, so I tried Whitehouse Renault, a chap called George there couldn't have been more helpful, tracing the part by the distributor serial no. Anyway, while he was sorting that for me today, I ordered a set locally for a 1397cc R18 as you suggested, and they've arrived, correct! So now I've got a spare set too! Thanks both for your help, I should be back on the road tomorrow. Adrian.

May I add, that the same Ducellier distributor was not only mounted on many Renaults (4, 6, 12, 18 and maybe others), but also on some Peugeots and maybe (guessing here) on some Citröens.

Back