Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Electric fan

kevinandkate

Sadly no longer an owner
Is the sender for the electric fan the item attached to the radiator and if so is there any way of testing to see whether its the sender or the fan thats not working, Fifi boiled the other day after having been left ticking over putting a little charge into the battery on a friends, dare I say it, 2cv. The electric fan didnt cut in so one or the other isnt working. Fifi was parked up for 5 years before we got her so anything is possible. There is a little green/blue crusty stuff round the sender which I assum is a little coolant leakage reacting with the sender.

If you hold the two wires against each other the fan should start..
These senders can be prone to destruct if motor has boiled-At least they used to do so regularly on my Fuego 2,2 TX -as far as I know they are the same type...
Also use a wirebrush to remove the crystalised goo around the connectors so you Know there is good connection there -R.

To check the switch put it in a pan of hot water with a thermometer and connected to a continuity meter or battery and bulb, stick it on the cooker and see when the bulb lights. It should be between 80 and 90.
allan

Thanks for that will be doing some cooking and cleaning today.

Problem solved just a duff contact on the sender, wire brush and WD40 and away it went. Thanks for the advice.

Back