Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

electrics f6 ..damn and blast!

mguez

Enthusiast
OK here is my weekend's conundrum.Spent last few days wiring in a radio...generally ok but waiting to get a better unit.Went yesterday on a 100 mile round trip in that really heavy rain.That evening headlights didnt work.Have investigated fuse box today and there was some water in it.Dried it out redid one dodgy connection to fuse 7( for rear lights and side lights.)Now the headlamps work but side and rear lights dont go off even with stalk switch in off position and IGNITION OFF!.Horn also doesnt work when in off position but do when headlights are switched on.Thought it was the switch cluster which I changed but still same problem.I cannot think where in that circuit battery-fuse-switch and lights the problem can be.I would appreciate any help on this please.Perhaps some water is still branching across somewhere? matt g

Difficult to comment on electrics from a distance. I'm surprised water could cause weird connections on a 12V system, but if everything worked before it got wet then a hair drier on the fuse box might be worth a shot.

Also worth cleaning up the earth from the body to the alternator - located on the RH front inner wing close to the sidelight. Those can cause strange goings on when they get dirty. I left one off completely a little while ago and all the lights on the instrument panel glowed when the lights were switched on.

thanks clementine..

...ok I will go and have a look at that.Thanks and I will let you know what the problem was.Matt

Back