Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Engine colour code

angel

Enthusiast
Does anybody know the green/olive colour code that Renault used to paint our engines in the 60s/70s?

I'm sure I saw a reference to the paint code recently but I can't seem to find it. It could have been listed in the 1962-1970 Renault 4 guide published by Gazoline bot I've lost my copy. Will keep my eyes open as I'm also keen to know.

I'm progressing with my rebuild on a 1123 R4L 65. have almost cleaned up the engine bay now, close to tidying up the block and keen to of respray original colour.
I did a search and Malcolm you have referred to a possible reference in a Gazoline publication?

Any luck or does anyone know, blue greyish colour

Can it be bought?

hmmm

Steven

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 73
That's interesting. Renault 60's engine colour used to be green rather than blue. Maybe someone painted it at some other overhaul, or were locally built engines painted blue?

Snoopy1974 has found what looks like the correct green colour, look at his restoration thread. I tried to have some green paint made from a photo I found in Gazoline but it ended too light a shade, almos turquoise :-(

yes the gearbox is the original colour, this car was shipped from England by the original owner in 1968 or thereabouts,

the colour is a blue grey on the gearbox, traces on the sump, someone tarted it up along the way with the Ford blue...

it was reconditioned at some stage.

Steven

Blue?

Ford blue,

Non, ill'est SACRE* BLEU!

*E with acute accent, this (/)type thing but a bit smaller!

Regards,

David

Back