Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

F4 5 seater

DaveP

Enthusiast
I've just bought a 5 seat, windows all round F4 with 1108 engine and front discs, with no CT for spares, it's actually in better nick than the car we're putting the motor in but has no Carte Grise so is unusable. Are these a common car? I've not heard of them before. Not sure whether to keep it after removing the bits and find a vin plate to "rebody" or get shot of it. Suggestions?

Hi daveP. They are as "common" as other F4's without side-windows or with only 1 small window each side.. What is unusual is to find one in really good nick.. I'd kept it in case you find a suitable Vin......

I think most people on here would be shocked at how good most of the scrap cars are here, they have the govt scrappage scheme, I saw a really good gtl with a valid CT in the scrapper last week, alongside a near mint tl with 40000 kms on the clock, only there to keep the manufacturers in business, very sad.

At least the scrappage scheme has come to an end over here. Give it a few years and those that have left their R4's and moved on to something new will realise that they've made a mistake \8^D

scrappage sceme goes to show you can't let people themselves decide Anything -as so many scrap good cars just to buy some new Made in Taiwan "car" -Therefore we need our governments to decide Everything ,especially when it's time to renew-or what?
Here in Norway this would be every politicians Wet dream! -R.

Back