Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

F6 1.1 Fuel pump info

F6frogie

Enthusiast
Hi, please can anyone tell me if this fuel pump should actually have a metal shim between the fiber spacer and the pump or is this normal ?

Kind regards - Matt

• IMGP3649.jpg
    IMGP3649.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Matt, it would have been useful to know why you were asking. Your photo wasn't very clear so I've just been to my workshop to check a spare engine I have dismantled.

You do have some parts missing so that's why you have the leak. Here are a list of the parts that should be there in sequence:

Engine block
Gasket
Plastic insulator
Gasket
Metal Plate
Gasket
Petrol pump

The gaskets either side of the plastic insulator are the same shape as the insulator. The gasket between the metal plate and the pump is the size of the pump flange.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks for that steve - Yes, sorry about the photo, I posted in a bit of a rush, I reduced it to keep within the allowed limit and for some reason it went a little blured, but you can see the metal shim is missing - I've updated the photo now.

That is exactly what I thought - mines missing the fiber spacer gasket and the metal shim - I'll have to make one up. I have bought a new pump and some gasket paper a while ago (waiting for it to arrive now) so will fit them all at once when it arrives.

Thanks for your time Steve :wink:.

Kind regards, Matt

dont forget LHD cars use different pump to RHD as discussed previously in similar threads (because of steering collum route)

Today I was fiddling around torsion bar and I've noticed that the oil is leaking somewhere around the fuel pump. How hard is to replace the gasket? I do have all gaskets standing by.

Today I was fiddling around torsion bar and I've noticed that the oil is leaking somewhere around the fuel pump. How hard is to replace the gasket? I do have all gaskets standing by.

Hi John - It's very easy, just X3 bolts (13mm I think) and she's off - but be prepared for a little oil spillage from inside the pump.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, it would have been useful to know why you were asking. Your photo wasn't very clear so I've just been to my workshop to check a spare engine I have dismantled.

You do have some parts missing so that's why you have the leak. Here are a list of the parts that should be there in sequence:

Engine block
Gasket
Plastic insulator
Gasket
Metal Plate
Gasket
Petrol pump

The gaskets either side of the plastic insulator are the same shape as the insulator. The gasket between the metal plate and the pump is the size of the pump flange.

Hope this is clear.

Steve - you couldn't by any chance tell me the approx' thickness of the metal plate could you ?:wink:

Cheers, Matt

Back