Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fabric sunroof

bison

Enthusiast
Gentlemen,
In order to make my TL the ultimate best car in the world, I feel the need to fit a large fabric sunroof. Now, there happens to be one on Fleabay just now which is 40" long by 30" wide, not sure if this is the hole size or the fabric size as I haven't heard from the vendor yet. However, does anyone know if this is approximately the correct size, IE will it fit OK?. I don't know what size either the GTL one or the old fully open TL one is. Has anyone fitted a similar sunroof and would feel able to pass olong some tips?. In particular, what happens to the roof lining?, is it cut then the edge hidden by finishing strips?. Does it have to come out?.
Thanks,
Alan.

hi bison
i got one out of a scrap yard in 1989-i just measured both roofs decided it would do-took it out measured the hole it came out of cut the same size size hole in the r4 a 77 tl with fabric headlining-i dont remember having any problems
it lasted as long as i had the car-it even had a perspex wind deflector-happy days-i think it was a fiver too-ha
Reg

Thanks Reg, I'll keep my eyes open for one, the one I was looking at on Ebay was 30" wide, which seems a bit narrow when you measure the roof.
Alan.

Back