Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Finally joined the ranks!

joostvellinga

Hi, lovers of lovable automobiles!

I'm Joost Vellinga, just turned 51 and on my birthday I picked her up: Sophie, our seventhe member of the family(wife Lies adopted her immediately and kids Willem, Margriet and Lieske all murmured sweet little words when seeing her). Even Saartje, the dog felt instantly at home inside her. Also, Machteld, our sort-of-adopted-sort-of-stepdaughter of 29 fell for her charms.

Sophie is 15 years old, has done a mere 93000 kms and was imported in 1992 from Belgium. Her bottom is great, but her overall looks are a bit fuzzy. Lots of rust in the back (mudguards especially) and there has been done some welding in the front and the back.
So: overall she is a real 4 with lots of room to improve on her looks. The price was right (900 euro's) for the state she's in. Her interior is almost flawless, except for a torn driver's seat and she even has a radio!

I admire Clementine's website both for professionalism and the best of British humour. Hope to stay in touch with you all for a long time!

Keep up the good work of adding some character to the gray mass of presentday roadusers!

All the best, Joost

(Separately, I mail a photograph of Sophie to Malcolm)

Hi Joost, welcome to the forum. This is the picture that Joost sent. Sophie looks like a nice car:

joost-r4.jpg

It's funny - I had a problem with the "gray mass of presentday roadusers" yesterday. I went up to Santa Pod with some friends to watch qualifying for the FIA drag racing championships. We went in a friend's Ford Focus (I still haven't fitted the rear seats to my R4). Unfortunately we forgot where we parked the Focus, and had to search the car park. There were lots of Focuses and it took some time to find the right one. The Renault would have been much easier to find.

Hi Joost, Sophie looks lovely! She is the same colour that mine started out with but now I don't have the problem of finding it in a car park do I Malcolm!!!!

Back