Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Free Renault 4 van

Bill Farmer

My R4 van has been cluttering up my garage near Billingshurst West Sussex for some 35 years - see photos. It's not run for a very long time.

It's available free to the first person who calls me (01798 812666). I'm only around for the next 3 days, so get hold of me quickly. I'm also at farmers66@yahoo.com, but only check that once a day.

Best wishes to all

Bill Farmer

My R4 van has been cluttering up my garage near Billingshurst West Sussex for some 35 years - see photos. It's not run for a very long time.

It's available free to the first person who calls me (01798 812666). I'm only around for the next 3 days, so get hold of me quickly. I'm also at farmers66@yahoo.com, but only check that once a day.

Best wishes to all

Bill Farmer
I can't see any photos Bill.

I have arranged collection of this van for somebody else in the local area so unless I'm going to be wasting my time when I go up there I guess it is spoken for now

Well done, another one saved.:clapping: Looking forward to hearing about it.

Sneak preview as it's not mine to unveil to the masses
Floor and chassis is good never been patched
Engine is free but has been hand painted 20190614_142119.jpg20190614_142129.jpg20190614_142214.jpg20190614_142008.jpg20190614_142019.jpg20190614_142037.jpg20190614_142042.jpg20190614_142108.jpg
Separate post to follow by new owner Duncan after I've investigated further

This is unbelievable!!
A very generous offer by Bill Farmer, you've made someone very happy.

It looks in great condition and who better than Mr Reno to give it a good looking over.

Hi everyone , Paul beat me to it with the photos on facebook! I'm Duncan ,the lucky owner of this beauty. Haven't made myself known till now due to other things going, apologies.
Pauls been looking after & improving my yellow F6 (pics to follow) that i bought earlier this year with my brother for our small signmaking business in horsham -how lucky to have him on my doorstep!
Back to the F4, Popped over early this week after a call to Bill.He had owned it since 1982, been stood since 1996 approx. i've promised to visit & keep him updated, as he was sad to see it go. It seems solid , and in good overall shape. Paul has given it the thumbs up so far. This one has also been handpainted , like the yellow f6!shu96fmubrxy9eihy20190615082317.jpgsucpu27oz4vf2dhtq20190615082317.jpg
Will keep everyone updated of progress & look forward to meeting some of you in the future.
Thanks Duncan

Welcome Duncan!

Great that another one is being kept alive! Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Hi Duncan. I live down the road in Worthing and popped in to see Bill's van the morning after you saw it. He told me that you'd beaten me to it but we then arranged that if that fell through, I would collect it by this morning. Annoyingly it didn't fall through! . Oh well. Congratulations. It's a nice van. Daras.

can you come with me to do the euro lottery:hug: on tuesday please xxxxxx

Last edited:
What a great story....

There are good and generous people on earth.

Usually owners of those kinds of "oldtimers" are looking little fortune for it...

And it is rhd....even rarer than lhd....with flat instrument panel....

Congratulation to new owner

Duncan - I have a RHD F4 which was in a far worse state than this. Drop me a PM if you fancy a chat about what I had to do to get it running!

Back