Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

French scrapyards

Lobster

Enthusiast
How do we find French scrapyard owners in comparison to British ones then? Are they equally as hardwork etc?

Reason being is thus - I'd like to go and grab a few bits for Twingo whilst I'm over there and thought the Friday morning of the Thenay weekend would be a useful opportunity before I get to the show. Never been to a French scrapyard before so wondering if they are much the same as their cross channel counterparts and if I'll be able to pass a happy hour wandering and removing the necessary bits before handing over what I hope would be a modest amount of Euros for my pleasure.

So any advice appreciated and also if anyone knows of good locations along the rough route of Alencon / Le Mans / Tours then that'd be splendid.

nope! ones I've been to are much more a case of go to the counter & tell them what you need..no poking about with a bag of tools..but there are private places that have lots of R4's..they might be more fun! maybe search leboncoin in the areas you are going to?

Just to follow up on this, I managed to find a small local yard that was happy to let me go in and remove bits ( Auto Cartoucherie at La Hoguette, about 45 mins south of Caen for anyone interested.)

I tried google but that only brought up the big yards. So I thought about it from another angle, specifically, above. Using google earth I followed my route from Caen to Thenay, seeing if there was anything that looked promising. Having found one, I looked at google reviews which suggested it was a small, traditional yard. And so it proved to be! IMG_4860.JPG

Back