Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

front door lock needed

rennart

Enthusiast
hello!
Can anyone help please? I need to buy a new driver side door catch and push mechanism / door lock for my Renault 4 GTL.
I am in Kent, ;)Karen

Hi Karen, what's wrong with the old one? I recently had to replace the 3×50mm roll pin, as the button didn't work, but I could open the door from inside. I found some on eBay, but if you need one I could send it to you if that helps and is what you need, as I have some spares.20210610_093506.jpg20210610_102035.jpg
Regards Brian.

thankyou so much - this looks like what has happened to ours - but not being mechanically minded I will have to get our local garage man to fix it. He tried a weld! which broke - i will send him your photos if I can.
best
Karen

Ok Karen, let me know if I can assist, but your garage man should be able to fix it for you.
Regards Brian.

thankyou so much - this looks like what has happened to ours - but not being mechanically minded I will have to get our local garage man to fix it. He tried a weld! which broke - i will send him your photos if I can.
best
Karen
hi Brian! it's you isn't it? I would be so grateful fo the roll pin if you could kindly send to me and I can Paypal you some money for post etc.
email me on k@rennart.co.uk with your paypal email too and I will send you my address for the pin.

Hi Karen, yes it is, Dereks compatriot. These pins only cost pennies, so I'm just happy to help. Message me your address, and I'll get them in the post to you straight away.
Regards Brian.

Hi Karen, yes it is, Dereks compatriot. These pins only cost pennies, so I'm just happy to help. Message me your address, and I'll get them in the post to you straight away.
Regards Brian.
hi Brian lovely to hear from you. It looks like there maybe something else awry according to the garage man - anyway, we are going to proceed with purchasing a lock from another correspondent! so no need to send them at this stage, thankyou. Such a pity that you and D are so far away! : ( - hope you are getting some fine weather today.

Hi Karen, no problem, hope your man gets it sorted for you, but if I can help please ask. Yes we are some distance from you, but I expect we will all meet up sometime I'm sure. Weather not so good down here, typical Cornwall in July, rain, and there's me off to Surrey this weekend camping at Renault Owners Club rally, so hope it warms up and stays dry.
Regards to you both, Brian.

Back