Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Front Tie Rod Bush

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
My R4 failed the MOT with a crack in the lower suspension arm tie rod bush housing. Phoned around the motor factors but they can't seem to get them, so ended up buying from Renault. £60 each!

Ordered 2 for the Gordini - will fit a secondhand one to Ermintrude for the MOT.

I see windclassics have them for 20 euros. Anyone know of a source in the UK?

4 euros! Wish I'd asked on here first. Couple of parts I've phoned Renault about recently have been crazily expensive. Must get around to putting together a better lists of where to buy parts.

The £60 parts are just the bushes! I'm saving them for the Gordini. Fitted a good secondhand one to the GTL this morning.

Very successful day today. Normally there are people about at the weekend getting in the way, but today I was undisturbed. Managed some front chassis welding, the tie rod bush and a new exhaust on the 4, then rolled it out and fitted a new exhaust to the MGA too.

One thought on parts - do you have a source for decent gas pressurised dampers (DeCarbon maybe). Ian was quoted £300 for a set in the UK!

Sounds like you had a productive day, me too, last night I jacked up the back of the car via the tailgate lip, left it over night and this morning the weight of the chassis had dropped down away from the body and all that black chewing gum
I know what you mean though about visitors, somedays we get 4 or 5 sets can be a real pain to get on but in France you have to stop and have a drink everytime.
I will check suppliers for the ammortisseurs, seriously though £60 for the bush is criminal 4€ each here

The last deCarbon i fitted two years ago were externally identical to original deCarbon ones, and were gas pressurised too but had the Delphi label. Maybe they make them now? This may not be necessary worse, since they will be more easy to find, I guess.

Hi,

were can i get hold of the seperate tie rod bushes..

cheers

andrew

i did see them bought i have no credit card...

best regards

andrew

spelling? trying to play wii golf at the same time

but i have no credit card

If you aren't in a mad hurry I could get you some when I order my suspension bits. That will be this summer at some point. If you are in a mad hurry then try giving them a phone. I'm sure you can sort something out.

Hi Malcolm

thats nice of you ..thanks, but ive got the mot before the 15TH of june so trying to get things sorted now..

cheers

Andrew

Back